Unleashing the Power of AutoGPT
Are you curious about the latest AI tool that could revolutionize how businesses automate their processes? AutoGPT is an innovative tool that promises to streamline multi-step projects previously requiring back-and-forth prompting with GPT-4. To understand this tool’s potential impact, we surveyed 607 employees and 492 business owners to gauge their sentiment, knowledge, and use of AutoGPT.
- Over 1 in 10 business owners use AutoGPT to automate business tasks.
- So far, business owners have saved an average of $2,487 using AutoGPT to automate tasks.
- Small businesses save an average of 6 hours and 15 minutes per week by automating tasks with AutoGPT.
- Business owners currently using AutoGPT do so most often to generate text (57%) and gather information (51%).
- 35% of business owners not currently using AutoGPT plan to in the future.
- The top tasks for which business owners are planning to use AutoGPT are:
- Generating text (59%)
- Answering questions and providing information (46%)
- Composing emails (38%)
- Writing, editing, and proofreading (36%)
- Although 22% of employees worry AI will take over their job, 74% support using AI tools in the workplace.
- 23% of employees say their boss has encouraged using AI tools at work, yet 43% haven’t been provided with training on how to use them.
- Nearly 1 in 5 employees currently use AutoGPT to automate work responsibilities.
- Employees most often use AutoGPT for data entry and processing roles (49%).
- 54% of employees currently have a side hustle, and over 1 in 10 say they started it because of ChatGPT and/or AutoGPT.
- Of those automating their side hustle, the tasks they most frequently automate are:
- Social media posting and scheduling (33%)
- Email marketing campaigns (28%)
- Data entry and analysis (27%)
- Content creation and curation (27%)
- 60% of side hustlers are using ChatGPT to automate business tasks.
The Future of Work
More business owners are turning to AutoGPT to automate tasks and save money. And while some employees fear these tools will put them out of a job, most support the use of AI tools in the workplace. That said, most employees also need to be properly trained in these tools in order to use them effectively.
As more employees are trained on AI, fears of job displacement may subside as workers see the potential for new AI-powered enterprises. By embracing AI technology, individuals and businesses alike can stay ahead of the curve and surge into the future.
Clarify Capital surveyed 607 employees and 492 business owners about AI tools in the workplace. Of the business owners, 21% were in retail, 18% were in information technology, 7% were in education, 6% were in hospitality, and the remainder were in other industries.
About Clarify Capital
Clarify Capital is a financial technology company that helps small businesses access the funding they need to grow and succeed.
Fair Use Statement
If you’re interested in sharing the key findings of this study for noncommercial purposes, we welcome you to do so. However, please provide a link back to this page to give credit to the authors and allow readers access to our full findings and methodology.